Main goal of LinkedGov
The main goal of LinkedGov is to create as complete as possible a body of government data that is accessible, discoverable, human-readable, machine readable, comparable and internally linked.
Subsidiary goals of LinkedGov
The secondary goals and benefits of LinkedGov are:
- Promoting economic growth and innovation through greater access to immediately usable public data.
- Improving government transparency for citizens, researchers and the media.
- Promoting efficiencies through effective use of data within the public sector
- Supporting the public sector workers in their own goals and decision-making processes by providing them with greater access to information about their own organisations and colleague organisations across the sector
- Encouraging all sections of government and the public sector to publish high quality, standardised data
These should be used in helping different audiences to understand and engage with LinkedGov, and to maximising its overall value.